We’re looking forward to having you learn with us at our Teen Hackathon. Below, you’ll find some important information regarding this workshop and how to prepare for the day.
A few things that are useful to know
- Please arrive 15 minutes earlier to leave time to settle in and allow the workshop to begin promptly at the scheduled start time.
- Please ensure to bring your laptop and it’s charger every day. If you made a request to borrow one upon registering – lookout for a confirmation email. Due to our limited supply, you may have been unable to request a laptop. This means they have unfortunately all been accounted for. Please make alternative arrangements to borrow one from a friend or colleague.
- We recommend bringing a reusable water bottle to use throughout the day. Stay hydrated!
- No need to print off your ticket, we will do an online check-in when you arrive!
Meals and Snacks
Meals will be provided for all participants. You are welcome to bring your own snacks provided they are nut-free! Please also bring with you a reusable water bottle.
Our Exciting Schedule
Our Hackathons are all about unleashing creativity and empowering today’s youth to become creators of technology! Check out this schedule for more details. Our hope is that participants will leave us inspired, advocating for the ways in which technology can make a real difference in our world.
General start and end times are below:
DAY 1 – 6pm to 9:30pm
DAY 2 – 9:00am to 8:00pm
Demo Day & Community Presentation
At the end of Day 2 of our Hackathon, family and friends of participants are invited to join us to see the projects Hackathon participants have created. Joining us will be mentors, instructors, and other representatives of the tech industry who have supported our youth programs! If it is possible for family and friends to attend, we’d love to share our experiences with them!
How to prepare for the workshop:
- Download Google Chrome: To download Chrome, go here: http://www.google.com/chrome
- Download Atom Editor: http://atom.io (Sublime Text or Text Wrangler work okay, too!)
Additional support (with screenshots) for how to download the above tools and platforms can be found here: http://bit.ly/LLCPrepDownloadSupport
If you have any trouble with the above preparation, please be sure to arrive 15 minutes before the start time. Mentors will be onsite to answer any questions you might have to help ensure you are all set to learn! There will also be plenty of opportunities for you to ask questions and get feedback throughout the day.
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to reach out to [yourchapter]@canadalearningcode.ca.
See you at the workshop!
Canada Learning Code Team