Thanks so much for volunteering as a mentor at our upcoming learning experience. We are very excited to have you on board to make this happen.
Below you will find some important information about the day. Please let us know if you have any questions by replying to this email. And thank you again!
Your role as a mentor:
The role you will play is what makes our meetups possible and so special. Throughout the day, you’ll work with a group of approximately 4 learners. This includes:
- Answering any learner questions
- Proactively looking out for learners who might be displaying indicators of feeling overwhelmed, lost or confused
- Providing encouragement to keep trying and a positive attitude towards learning
- Helping learners to follow along and stay on track with the lesson
- Asking questions to the instructor on behalf of learners who might be shy or hesitant to ask
We think that teaching something new to someone is as exciting as it gets. Please review our Mentor Handbook and learn more about your role here before you arrive at the workshop: http://www.canadalearningcode.ca/mentor.pdf We can answer any questions then too!
We ask that you arrive 30 minutes before the start of the session and be prepared to stay up to 30 minutes after the session has ended. Please bring nut-free snacks and a water bottle. If it’s a full day workshop (6 hours), lunch will be provided.
If, for some reason, you can no longer volunteer, please let us know asap by replying to this email.
Once again, we would just like to add that this experience could not happen without you and that we are grateful to have such great support of our community. Please let us know if you have any questions at all.
We can’t wait to see you all on workshop day!
Canada Learning Code Team