As a national team of educators and community builders, our mission is to serve communities across the country, by delivering free, hands-on, and interactive technology education to youth, teens, teachers, and adults. And in today’s world, the Code Mobile is still committed to being Canada’s most bold technology education initiative — we’re now just delivering all of our experiences virtually to ensure that all people in Canada still have access to these learning opportunities!
Equip Your Community with the Skills of the Future through the Code Mobile
- All of our programs (youth AND adults!) are free of charge and directly delivered in your community spaces
- We bring all of the technology — including laptops! — needed to deliver the experience from beginning-to-end
- We provide resources to help you keep coding
- We have Code Mobiles all across the country — from Kelowna, British Columbia to St. John’s, Newfoundland, to Winnipeg, Manitoba and Montreal, Quebec
- Each Code Mobile operates regionally, so we reach large cities and rural communities alike
What IS the Code Mobile?
The Code Mobile initiative began as a cross-country road-trip in the Summer of 2016. We transformed a cargo van into a computer lab-on-wheels, complete with all the tools needed to host pop-up workshops in communities big and small across the country!
That first road trip was such a success — reaching over 10,000 learners! — that thanks to a generous investment from the federal government’s CanCode initiative, we expanded this proven model for technology education outreach by establishing a permanent fleet of 14 trucks that operates all year-round across the country.
In our first year of full-time operation, our national fleet reached over 100,000 youth. In 2019 and beyond, with the support of our sponsors and partners, our goal is to work with more youth, teens, and teachers. We’re also excited to be expanding our operations to include programming for adults of all skill levels nationwide.
Each Code Mobile is powered by a regional Code Squad whose mission is to put technology in the hands of all people who may not otherwise have the experience. From girls, women, and all genders underrepresented in tech, newcomers to Indigenous peoples, to folks with disabilities, and those looking to re-enter the workforce, we want to give all individuals the chance to build, and not just consume, technology.
Follow As We Learn Together
We keep our instagram feed full of inspiring stories about meaningful experiences with code.