- learn basic programming techniques and concepts that are translatable to other programming languages
- get an idea of what resources are available if you’d like to continue learning at home (and we think you will)
None! This workshop is designed for beginners.
Who Is This Workshop For?
Our Ladies Learning Code program offers female-identified and male-identified, trans, and non-binary adults hands-on, project-based learning experiences that are designed to give beginners the skills and confidence they need to become digital creators. Ladies Learning Code programs tackle the tech gender gap one positive, empowering learning experience at a time.Our workshops, courses and meetups are open to adults of all ages and genders but are designed to be a space where women explicitly are welcome to learn. Workshops cover everything from introductory HTML & CSS, to WordPress, Python, Ruby, artificial intelligence, web design and more. They are especially popular and successful because of our high ratio (4:1 in most programs!) of learners to mentors at every experience, which is only possible because of overwhelming support from the communities in which we operate.
- 4:1 student-to-mentor ratio with an awesome lead instructor!
- Great venue with a fun, social and inclusive learning environment
- Catered lunch. Yum! We'll try our best to accommodate any dietary restrictions (no promises).
What Do I Need To Bring?
You must bring your own laptop for which you have administrative permissions
Please remember to bring your own powercord. A mouse can be handy too
You may be required to download some free software. After you sign up, we will email detailed instructions.
Note: If you do not have a laptop to use during the duration of the workshop, we have a limited quantity that we can loan out. The option to borrow a laptop will be included in your order form when registering.