How do I win?
Register to host a Canada Learning Code Event
Watch the Video Tutorials
Submit your students' finished projects after the week!Terms and Conditions
CANADA LEARNING CODE – GOOGLE CHROMEBOOK CONTEST
- NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO CLAIM THE PRIZE FOR THE CANADA LEARNING CODE – GOOGLE CHROMEBOOK CONTEST (THE "CONTEST"). THE CONTEST ENDS JUNE 23, 2017 AT 11:59 PM ET.
- How to Enter: The Contest begins Thursday, June 1, 2017 at 9:00 AM ET and ends Friday, June 23, 2017 at 11:59 PM ET (the "Contest Period"). To enter and be eligible to win, your entry must a) follow guidelines described within Canada Learning Code Week Lesson Plans, which can be viewed on the Contest website www.canadalearningcode.ca/week/contest.html (the “Website”), b) be representative of a moment in Canada’s history be it to a historical Canadian event, character, or story, c) be created using Scratch via scratch.mit.edu, and d) be submitted through the Website via a link to the Scratch URL and accompanied by all required information (collectively, the "Entry"). Entries submitted before or after the Contest Period will not be eligible for consideration and will be automatically disqualified. Entries are limited to one entry per person, though there is no limitation on the number of persons (educator or students) in any representative classroom or community that can submit an entry. The Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies and suppliers of prizes, materials or services related to this Contest will not assume any responsibility for incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate entry information, including, but not limited to, human or technical errors, printing errors, lost/delayed/garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof.
- Entry specifications: The Entry may not contain any objectionable content, as determined in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, and must be appropriate for a general family audience. More specifically, by entering the Contest, entrants agree not to submit an Entry that includes unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent material of any kind, or that include any blatant expression of bigotry, racism, hatred or harassment or material that does not pertain to the theme of the Contest. By entering the Contest, entrants: (a) declare and warrant that they have all necessary rights, including copyright, to submit their Entry for the purposes of the Contest and to grant the rights specified in item (d) of this section; (b) declare and warrant that the submission of the Entry and the use by Sponsor of the contents of said Entry, as specified in item (d) of this section, does not infringe the rights of third parties; (c) declare and warrant that every recognizable person appearing in the Entry submission, if applicable, have expressly consented to the uploading and use of the contents of such Entry in connection with the Contest and by Sponsor as specified in item (d) of this section; and (d) automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of rights in said Entry submission expressly grants) the Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates or authorized agents a worldwide, unlimited, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable and non-exclusive right and license to use, copy, display, translate, reproduce, publish, transfer, adapt, edit, exploit, broadcast, transmit, communicate, publicly display and/or distribute the contents of such Entry and create compilations and derivative works from such Entry for purposes of promoting/advertising the Contest and the Sponsor’s products, services and activities. In addition, entrants warrant that all “moral rights” in connection with the Entry and works appearing in said Entry have been waived (including their own moral rights). All Entry submissions are final and no changes or substitutions are allowed. Entry submissions will not be returned. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who has made an Entry submission that does not comply in any aspect with this section.
- Eligibility: The Contest is only open to a) current primary or secondary school educators and students, in each case on behalf of and representing their classroom in their educational institution or a community group delivering educational programming, who are residents of Canada. Employees of, representatives and agents of, Ladies Learning Code, Inc. (the "Sponsor"), the Sponsor's affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of prizes, materials or services related to this Contest, authorized distributors and dealers of the Sponsor's products, and any members of any of their immediate families (defined as legal or common-law spouse, mother, father, in-laws, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, children and grandchildren) and members of their same household are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- Prizes and Approximate Value: The prize shall consist of up to a maximum of twenty-five (25) “Acer Chromebook 11” devices with a retail value of $349.99CAD each (collectively, the “Prize”) (irrespective of the number students in the winner’s classroom in the educational institution or community organization) which will become the property of the educational institution or the community organization where the winner’s classroom is located. The number of devices comprising the Prize to be awarded will be determined by the number of students and educators in the winner’s classroom in the educational institution/community organization, up to a maximum of twenty-five (25) devices.
- Prize Restrictions: The Prize must be accepted as awarded, as per the description in these Official Rules. No prize substitution, cash equivalent, or transfer of prizes is permitted. However, in the event where, for reasons not related to the winner, the Sponsor cannot award the Prize as described in these Official Rules, it reserves the right to award a prize of the same nature and of equivalent or greater value or, at its sole discretion, the cash value of the Prize mentioned in these Official Rules. The winner is responsible for the payment of, where applicable, all taxes and registration fees (including, but not limited to, federal, provincial and local income, sales, use and franchise taxes) on that winner’s Prize and for any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of the Prize not specifically described above. If a portion of the Prize is not used, the winner will not be entitled to receive any compensation.
- Publicity: By accepting the Prize, the winner agrees that the Sponsor, its agents, representatives, affiliated and subsidiary companies may use the winner’s name and address (city and province), photograph, videotape, image, likeness, Prize information, declarations related to the Sponsor and/or the Contest for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in any media without any further notice or compensation.
Prize Winner Selection and Notification: The winner will be selected by a panel of judges comprising the Sponsor’s management and advisors and will be selected on the basis of the quality of the Entry submission (evaluated on its use of one Canada Learning Code’s lessons, its celebration of Canada’s history, and its demonstration of a strong association to Canada Learning Code’s lesson content and incorporation of creativity and coding concepts). The determination of the winner will take place on or about June 23, 2017 and will be announced through the Website. All decisions by Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. By participating, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Contest Sponsor which are final and binding. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received and the quality of the Entry submission The selected entrant will be notified by e-mail and, before being declared a winner, will be required to:
- acknowledge receipt of said selection notification e-mail within three (3) days from the date of receipt; and
- complete, sign and return a standard declaration and release form (the "Form") and provide a mailing address for delivery of the Prize. Sponsor must receive the Form within 30 days of notification attempt.
- Limitation of Liability: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, the Sponsor's affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents and insurers, including advertising and promotion agencies and suppliers of prizes, materials or services related to this Contest (the "Released Parties"), from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions and any liability of any kind, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, arising out of or resulting from, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from or arising in connection with participation in the Contest or acceptance, possession, use, misuse, or nonuse of the Prize that may be awarded, or for claims based on publicity rights, copyright infringement, defamation, or intrusion of privacy. All entrants agree that the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, and the rights and obligations of the entrant and of the Sponsor in connection with this Contest shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of Ontario, Canada; and that any dispute shall be resolved in courts located in the province of Ontario without regard to its principles of conflicts of law. Jurisdiction and venue shall be solely within the province of Ontario. Released Parties are not responsible for technical, computer, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or other errors relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation (i) errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest; (ii) the processing of entries or in any Contest related material; (iii) the announcement of the Prize, selected entrant and winner; for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, inaccurate, illegible entries; (iv) for electronic, computer, or telephonic malfunctions or errors; (v) for entries which fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly, or are lost for any reason, including computer, telephone, paper transfer, human or other error. If in the Sponsor's opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if computer viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise, corrupt, or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest, the Sponsor, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and/or void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend the Contest, or to terminate the Contest and conduct a random drawing and award the Prize using all eligible non-suspect entries received as of the termination date. As a condition of entering the Contest, entrant agrees that: (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, (b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or the prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred and in no event shall entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Severability: If a section or part thereof of these Official Rules is declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent court, that section or part thereof shall be considered invalid, but all unaffected sections will be applied within the limits of the law.
- In the event a minor person not of the age of majority in his or her province of residence is the winner of the Prize, an adult parent or legal guardian shall accept the Prize in his or her name and will be responsible for all matters related to the administration of the Contest and the awarding of the Prize, including signing any required documents.
- Sponsor and Administrator: The Sponsor and Administrator of the Contest is Ladies Learning Code, Inc.
- This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
- Quebec Residents: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this Contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of the Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
The contest is now closed. We will announce the winner in the coming weeks! Stay tuned...
Submit your project
Winners will be announced after Canada Learning Code week has concluded.
With support from