Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning are all around us - from Siri on your iPhone to Google Map suggestions, to recommendations for purchases during your Amazon check-out.
While many of us may think AI and machine learning mean more robots and self-driving cars, at a fundamental level, they are about data - and ways to make meaning of data.
In this workshop, we’ll use a hands-on project based approach to learn how to put data to use for us in our everyday lives.
Content developed with support from our friends at Georgian Partners!
During the session, you'll learn an introduction to the following:
- The history of artificial intelligence and machine learning, what they mean and why it matters
- Strategies for collection, preparation, manipulation and analysis of data
- Build your very own machine learning model to evaluate data that’s interesting to you
- What resources are available if you’d like to continue learning at home (and we think you will)
- What career opportunities are available in the fields of AI and machine learning
- Machine learning models and predictive data